Monday, December 01, 2008

Little-isms

Today Little and I were out and about running errands and we happened to pass the mall...so Little notices this (some sort of internal homing device?) and immediatly starts negotiating to go to the mall as one of our stops.

Little: How about we go to your store and then I go to my store? We go to 2 stores!
Moi: We only need to go to the grocery store, remember we need milk?
Little:How about we go to the mall and then we go to your store?
Moi: Sorry, you don't have any money . . . we can't go.
Little: I need some money.
Moi: You can earn money by doing chores and you save it up so when you want to go you have money.
Little (scheming): How about you give me some money?!
Moi: You have to earn it.
Little: How bout I pretend a' go to sleep and then you wake me up and say "SURPRISE!!! and give me some money!" (she then proceeds to pretend to be asleep and is waiting for me to wake her up with her well thought out plan).
Moi: . . . No.

I know I am supposed to be watching traffic and all the mama-jamma behind me. . . but the mirror in front makes a better Little finder than anything. Pure comedy people.

This evening we were driving out of our neighborhood and the moon was directly above our car. I looked up and told Little to also look up so she could see it. She said "There's the broken moon . . . Jesus needs to fix it! He forgot to do it".

I heart my 3 year old! What a character!

6 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Oh, how precious! What an adorable doll! Thanks for sharing her cutness.

Melanie said...

THat is too funny! She is such a doll...I can imagine her just waiting for you to "wake her." I can't believe she's only three!

the mortensen's said...

what is it with these 3 year olds? seriously? where do they come up with this stuff?

Little Dame said...

Incredible eh? There is this little angel of grace that occasionally sits on her shoulder and feeds her lines . . . mostly to offset the times that she is screaming "I HATE YOU MOMMY".
Thanks heavens for the grace angel.

Anonymous said...

You cats are missed already, that's just how we roll over in these parts. Seriously though, you should have a sit down with the writers because Mcall get's all the good lines, all those jokes they leave for you are tired. I'd be TO'd.

DK Hansen said...

Why is it that I can only get "No Dana" out of her? Seriously - what's up with that?