
As I sit here typing I have a gorgeous ring on my finger that represents the CrAZy LOVE, tenderness and eternal promise I have for/with/about this man....Ahhhhhhh..... I feel so lucky!
I'm getting ahead of myself perhaps....
Okay....back the truck up...... * Beep * Beep * Beep*
So a few months back I get a call from my oldest bro, Jon....and he says "You need to go out with my friend, Jonathan".
So, like the good little sister I am, I oblige.... and make the first move to contact his buddy of a decade plus...who
Random fact:1 I went to Jr High with (but he was too cool to notice the frizzy haired stick figure who would later become the bombshell* better known as McCall's Mama I am today.
(*results not verified)
Random fact:2 I'd been facebook "friends" with for the better part of a year with no contact between us (How was I to know my future baby daddy was lurking in the FB shadows?! Single ladies please review yer friendlist STAT!).
Anyhooo..... we started corresponding via FB and worked our way up to texting ( for all who know me know I heart texting (well of course you know me otherwise you wouldn't be wasting yer time with this blog-o-mine...unless you don't know me and are just creepy fetish blog stalking..in which case BUGGER OFF!)...so I got to see that this kid was funny as all get out and pretty laid back like myself.
Somehow I got lucky because he found some free time in his busy dating schedule and flew out to Phx to go out on some dates while he was in town "visiting family".
Side note: I didn't believe that visiting family business for a second.
When he came out we had a fab time and I was pleased that he delivered on being hilarious and easy going and thought it was awesome that he and I are very similar personalities.... we had a lot of open and honest talks and I was able to set the record straight that I was in no position for a serious relationship.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .................................
Fast Forward to now: I'm engaged to be married to that cute kid...who just so happens to be one of the sweetest, funniest, tenderoni-est guys I've ever met. . . . . .

Does it feel like you are missing some details?..... Yer not.
It totally caught me by surprise...I didn't see it coming and strangely it was the most natural thing in the world. I don't even know how to describe it...When it's right it's right. ..it doesn't matter how quickly it happens..it's just epic that it happens. Cliche'.... cheesy.... but true true true!
I feel absolutely blessed to have found Jonathan and am soooooooooooo(oooooooooo!!!!!!!) stoked to spend forever with this man.
Without further adieu....



( This is me reminding him what he's in for with a classic weird Deb face- thanks Davey boy for capturing the goodness as I delivered it)

One might surmise that Little is stoked about mommy getting married to the cutest boy ever, but those who were present know that she is totally jazzed about ganking the "baby Coke" (aka "Mommy soda") from our table before she left.

The beginning of my "Happily Ever After...."
Stay tuned ..... details on our wedding to follow as we get that mama jama planned!

12 comments:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Wendy shared with me that you were dating a fella. I am so happy that you are! Congrats!
YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! SO super duper excited:-)
Oh, thank you for the details! I'm so happy for you and so happy that you're happy! And moving to SoCal, I'm sure you can't complain about that!
I love that you totally write just as you would tell this story in person . . . makes me miss you! All the best with the wedding plans, moving, etc.
Congrats again!
Deb! Congrats! I found you through Todd and Melony... I wish you the Best. Your the cutest mom btw.
So glad to hear the details of your whirlwind romance! That Jonny boy is one lucky fella...he knows that right? Perhaps this will you get back in the blog writing mode...I've missed my Debbie-time updates! Smooches, PK
P.S. Just give the word and Lexus will join Little as a flower girl.
Thanks for sharing details - so happy for you!! When you know, you know!
Congrats Debbie Time! You deserve all the happiness in the world and he looks like he's a great guy!
Love,
Holly
I love the photo with you squeezing his cheeks with your long and "ringed" fingers!! You look so deliciously happy! What a great story, I loved hearing and reading it. :)
Approved by the blog author!! what the.... isn't there a "michy clause?"!! Can't I write whatever the CRAP i want and have it appear in your comments! What has this life come to?!! Sorry, prego hormones just got the best of me.........forgivness? :) Laters
Mich
Love makes you blog! I like it :) I'm always grateful to follow you on FB (and congratulate you there) but it is nice to read more deets & I'll be checking back here more often! Much love & good wishes for smooth planning.
Deb, I am so exited for your and you totally deserve your happily ever after!!!
congrats! my friend! I am so happy for you! You will make pretty babies. (so what if it's a little early to be thinking of that, it's still true!)
Post a Comment