Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thou shalt have the raddest friends ever. . .

Our adventures in San Antone and Austin. . . .

The inaugural San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon
Nov 2008...photos/tidbits from hanging out with my favorite ladies in the universe. . .
Carb loading the day before the race. Somehow this delectable meal didn't make another appearance on race day....I don't ask questions I am just grateful.

How DOES she DO THAT?! In jeans, no less. She is called Wonder Sue for a reason.

Sushi Goodness...make that greatness.

From left to right: Judy, Judy and Judy.

Done and DONE! Commence partying!

This is not another Judy picture. . . we are showcasing our running shirts...From left to right: Diamond Deb, Lightening Leen, Glitter Gonzalez and Wonder Sue.

Happily going about our Spa business.

***********************
So . . . have been playing catchup with my bloggies b/c of a whirlwind of travel and well. . . just life . . .and so have been meaning to post some pics of my trip to San Antonio/Austin where my bestest gal pals and I surprised our girlfriend, Kathleen (aka, the eldest of the group, one foot in the grave...) for her 30th B-day. . . somehow this backfired b/c that meant that we had to run the 1/2 marathon she was there to run...D'oh! All who know me know that I think training is overrated...but we had an absolute blast.

Some highlights:

* Going hoarse screaming "More cowbell please!!" for 13.1 miles.

* Kathleen doing perfect leaping split jumps through out said mileage....

* Britney Spears belly roll a la concrete-mid run, doing the robot, thanking hot firemen for being hot firemen, high fiving every cheerleader ever born b/c one must, Elvis sightings everywhere, shots of double caffeinated goo every 30 minutes (and one 24 hours later for good measure).

* Sharing my sweet ipod running mix with anyone in a 25 foot radius whether they liked my karaoke version or not. I like to think I do RAGE justice

* Random acts of Sue and Debbie Miller throughout the course.

* Running like you are 30 (I was running more like a 29 year old, but Leen NAILED it! Sweet!)

* Re carbo-loading... a lot. Don't want to waste away to nothing here.

* SPA DAY!!!!

* Having the parents take "Judy" pictures. What, what!?!

* Personalized t-shirts, M & M with Leens cheshire grin, mapped out cupcake and cookie bar outings...well basically everything that Sue touches is golden and badical.


. . . Couldn't resist . . . this might be the wackiest Deb face to date!


Did I mention that we just did a 1/2 marathon?



My pre-breakfast the day after the race. MMMmmmm GOOD!


Matching bracelets are the New BFF necklaces.


I am a firm believer of the"When you can't choose between two cookies, do three", rule. Wait, I made that up?! It should definitely be a rule... and since I don't have to give up thirds until Lent I am all set.

Foot re-circulation. Don't know what it means, but I'm a subscriber.


Our new friend, Juan . . . in a million . . .Home of the raddest breakfast burrito value in all of Tejas!


We get chauffeured to breakfast...just another random thing that can happen when we are together. . .now those construction workers we harassed en route...they should have seen it coming.

Post race snack. . . strictly used for replenishing those carbs I lost along the route.










2 comments:

Kasey said...

So I don't have your email address so I thought I would just leave you a comment. Congrats first! You are totally awesome. Second -Where do you go for waxing? I'm scared to pick a place so I was hoping to find someone who could recommend where ever they go. I know this is completely random. Anyway, my email is kcwoodard@hotmail.com. Thanks - Kasey.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

FUN! Very jealous but FUN! I need a few days off. Are your friends open for being rented out? That has got to be an uncharted area of small businesses...Rent a Friend...hmmmm...$$$